Recipe: Chicken Tikka (Serves 8)
2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and grated
4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
4 tbl lime juice
1 cup plain yogurt
6 tbl vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
8 8oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 cups onions sliced into rings, remove centers
1 tsp cumin
2 limes, quartered
- To make marinade: In a food processor, puree ginger, garlic, 2 tbl lime juice until smooth. Add yogurt 3 tbl oil , chili powder and 1 tsp salt, blend until smooth in food processor.
- Place marinade in a large bowl and add chicken pieces one at a time coating evenly. Let marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- In a bowl combine 2 tbl lime juice, 3 tbl oil, cumin and 1 tsp salt, mix well and add onions coating evenly
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken on baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Check chicken by cutting slightly into one piece and check for firmness, or use a thermometer ( minimum165 degrees).
- Sautee onions in a medium sauce pan 5 to 10 minutes on medium heat until slightly softened.
- Place chicken on a large platter and divide onions evenly over the top, serve with lime wedges.
Serve with curried jasmine rice.
View Archived Recipes